This Flat Pier Plate (1612FP) has been machined to the specifications of the Advanced Telescope System (ATS) 10" Portable Pier. It is sized to fit directly into the pier without modifications and provide a mounting surface for our Flat Surface Adapters. It will add 0.75" to the height of the pier.
If you intend to attach an 1600GTO or 1200 mount to the ATS pier, then it is best to choose the combination Flat Surface Adapter with Flat Pier Plate (1612FSA-FP). It is a two-part adapter that combines both the 1612FSA and the 1612FP.
Owners of 1100, 900 and Mach1 mounts will be pleased that additional holes have been drilled and tapped for our 8" Flat Surface Adapter (119FSA) (previously 900FSA) and the 6" Flat Surface Tripod Adapter (ADATRI). This is of interest to imagers who are looking for the most robust and stable pier for their larger scopes setups.
The bottom, pier-inserting portion of this plate has additional thickness to allow custom machining in order to fit a smaller inside diameter pier. Please refer to the PDF schematic for dimensions.
Click image for dimension diagram.
- 10" ATS Portable Pier (no modification required). The base of the 1612FP has already been machined per the specifications provided by ATS to fit into their piers without further modification.
- 10" ATS Permanent Pier: The base of this part must be machined by ATS in order to fit into their Permanent Piers.
- Use with other piers (may require custom modification): Machine the bottom portion of this plate to fit the I.D. of your pier, if necessary. Please refer to the diagram to determine if your pier is suitable.
Top attachment options:
- Attach 10" 1612FSA that you already own (use existing tapped holes)
- Attach 8" 119FSA (use existing tapped holes)
- Attach 6" ADATRI (using existing tapped holes)
- Attach custom mount adapter (machine custom tapped holes)
5/16-18 x 5/8" (6) and washers - attaches 1612FP to ATS pier.
Note: Since the bottom of the flat plate is designed to fit into the 10" ATS Piers, the diameter (9.450") is too small to be used in the Astro-Physics 10" Portable Piers.