These filters come in two sizes: 1.25" (BPPOL125) and 2" (BPPOL2)
- Baader 1.25" Polarizing Filter (1 piece)
- For step-less brightness-control in combination with another single polarizing filter or a Herschel Wedge. Perfect for observing moon or planets or for solar observations with AstroSolar Safety Film ND 5.0. You can change the brightness if you rotate two single polarizing filters against each other, to adjust the brightness according to your magnification. You can mount one 1,25" filter in the eyepiece and a 2" filter in the reducer piece from 2" to 1.25
- For solar observation in behind a Baader Herschel Wedge. The Herschel wedge already polarizes the light, so that one single polarizing filter is sufficient.
- Please note: Polarizing filters (and all other eyepiece filters) may never be used without an appropriate solar filter (AstroSolar front filter, Herschel Wedge).
- Enhances contrast during planetary observation.
- You need two polarizing filters to adjust the brightness. Polarizing filters offer the highest flexibility; if you are looking for superior image quality, you should use regular Neutral Density Filter, where there are less glass surfaces in the light path.
A polarizing filter is an excellent filter choice for lunar viewing. It provides variable neutral density (it darkens or lightens) as it is rotated, accommodating the different lunar stages. This filter is a single stage polarizing filter and must be used with a diagonal mirror, such as our MaxBright Diagonal (PMDMAX), to achieve the polarizing affect. This polarizer can similarly be used with the Herschel Prism (BPHERP) for solar viewing, but must always be used in addition to the ND3.0 filter (the ND3.0 filter must always remain in the Herschel Prism for viewing safety).
When either lunar or solar viewing, the filter can be screwed onto the barrel of a 2" eyepiece or onto our 1.25" Eyepiece Adapter (ADA125). Note that in the case of our ADA125, you may need to add our 2" Barrel Extension (A3703) to accommodate 1.25" eyepieces with extra long barrels.
Spectral Position By Color