This base is designed with a dual-radius curve in order to fit onto the predrilled holes of all Astro-Physics refractors or other commercial telescopes that utilizes the same hole spacing. Fortunately, the spacing between the holes of most finder brackets is the same. The dovetail design of this base accepts these items:
- 10 x 60 Quick Release Guider Bracket (S1060QRGB)
- 10 x 60 Quick Release Finder Bracket (S1060QRM)
- 8 x 50 Quick Release Finder Bracket (S850QRM) - discontinued
- Male Dovetail Base (A3251-B and earlier versions) along with whatever accessory you have attached
- Modified TeleVue StarBeam (STARFMD) or modified Qwik Point finder, which already include our part #A3251-B male dovetail piece
The bracket is attached via two screws. The second set of attachment holes is provided for shifting the base forward or backward as needed. The base can be rotated 180° for either right-handed or left-handed use. Additionally, we have provided a central locking screw hole so that our traditional finder brackets can be used with this base (simply shift the forward thumbscrew back). The included stop screw can then be installed at the end of the base for use with these brackets (it is not used with the Guider Bracket).
Starting in early October of 2013, we started to ship bases that were approximately 3/8" (9.5 mm) taller, so that the guide bracket rail will more easily clear the mounting rings of our refractors. This will allow the scope to rotate without interference.
The mounting hole spacing is approximately 1 3/8" (34.9 mm) side-to-side and uses 10-32 x 5/8" Phillips Pan Head screws for attachment. The length is 2.30" (58.4 mm) and the height of the bottom of the dovetail above the radius of the base's foot is 1.25" (31.8 mm). A 1/4"-20 tapped hole on the bottom of the QRBASEG can be used to attach it to a dovetail plate.
Weight: 4.4 oz. (.13 kg)